Your log home will be unique
Flynn Log Homes builds only hand crafted projects. What this means is that if two identical models were to be built, each one would be unique and have signature details and aspects. The more common method of building amongst builders is to use milled logs, essentially pre-cut with machinery to produce a more Lego block-like product that fits together as opposed to a hand scribed approach.
Our logs are hand peeled, air dried, saddle notched and then scribed in Scandinavian style to preserve the natural look of the wood and ensure a precise build quality with a superior look and feel compared to milled log builds.
We build the log shell at Flynn Log Homes then we deliver and install the log shell on your property.
This will provide the log portion of the structure only.
Construction of the shell can take 2 to 3 months or less, depending how busy we are.
If you don’t have any contractors in your area we do have contractor partners who may be available to come and finish the roof, foundation, windows, doors, electrical, plumbing, etc.
These demos can be built with half or full loft. Delivery and installation fee includes trucking (typically 25% of the shell price), however this will depend on how difficult access is to your lot.
These demos look even more impressive in person. You can visit us by appointment on weekdays and most weekends.
Log Shell Inclusions
- Premium white pine logs averaging 20″ high by 12″ thick
- Full scribed 10′ high log walls, insulated with p-gasket and kerfed
- Log walls drilled for wiring, boxes cutout for switches and plugs
- Window and door openings cutout, keywayed, and flared back
- All log ends sanded
- 1 or 2 men from Flynn Log Homes to supervise and assist general contractor in installation of log shell
- Trucking for delivery is extra and cost will depend on location and access.
You get to choose what to add onto your base package, including:
- Log stairs and railings
- King post truss
- Post & beams for covered porches
- 8 x 12 rafters for roof system
- Log floor joists for upper loft
- Ridge pole
- Main beam
- Gable end support posts